Mike Bonner wrote:

Just remembered, you can bipass the shell call entirely..

launch document sRootFolder -- native lc command.  Just need to do as I
mentioned and be sure its a folder you're dealing with. (otherwise it will
launch the apropos app to match the file type)

It will probably work for both platforms. (my mac is down or I'd check
there)

As Richmond might ask, "both"?

There are three major desktop OSes. :)

For those who include the roughly 50 million Linux desktop users in their deployments, calling xdg-open with the shell function does the trick:

on mouseUp
   put specialFolderPath("desktop") into tFolder
   get shell("xdg-open "&quote& tFolder &quote)
end mouseUp

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Systems