I did a quick little test. The card's script local variables are not accessible
from the behavior script.

At this point you might consider using card properties instead. This is what I
have been doing. This way each card can have it's own "variables" in the form
of properties. Then you can have a function in each card script that returns
the value stored in the property:

function cardProp pPropName
   return the pPropName of me
end cardProp

Booyah. I use this myself. The nice thing about using properties is that if
there is no such property there will not be any error thrown.

Bob S