I've lo0oked into playing multiple audio files simultaneously, for Windows and Mac desktops, and come up with nothing but issues. Using a player object on my Windows 8.1 system, LC 7.1.1, I get an error of "could not open that video". Even if it worked I understand there are latency issues as well as Apple discontinuing Quicktime.

I've tried SOX but for some reason can't get it to simply play an audio file (via a shell command). If anybody knows the right syntax for this that would be great.

Otherwise, does anyone know of any alternatives compatible with Livecode? I hope I'm missing something here and that Livecode itself can do this. It seems odd that with all the advances Livecode has made we're still struggling aith an age old issue of how to play sounds.

Thanks!