Curry Kenworthy wrote:

> Richard:
>> What LiveCode brings to the modern world is a high-level
>> scripting language distinguished not by any conformance to
>> the rules of English, but by being among the very few that
>> include support for GUI controls as inherent language elements.
>
> Just a brief reply here to note that there's more to the story.
> LiveCode's implementation of English-like scripting has some
> extremely special features, it is indeed a valuable syntax for those
> seeking an intuitive language or English-like language, and that fact
> hasn't changed, despite the world having more options today. There
> are very sound reasons why this particular language (or language
> family) could be valuable to a new generation of coders.

I wholeheartedly agree.  You may have noticed I use LiveCode. :)

In fact, I agree that the potential for LiveCode to achieve its rightful place among the world's great language is so strong that I'm putting together a little plan to move that vision forward for a new generation of programmers.

More on that very soon....

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Systems