I wasn't suggesting a version of the development IDE for x86 Android . . .

On 4/29/17 12:05 am, J. Landman Gay via use-livecode wrote:
On 4/28/17 3:03 PM, Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode wrote:
Isn't Android a type of Linux?

Arguably a Linux standalone should work better on x86 Android devices . . .

So; here's LiveCode's next headache:

How to build a Linux standalone which can be installed on an x86 Android
device.

Mobile limitations are fairly severe, and most of the IDE tools wouldn't work.

That's not what I meant: I meant the ability to hive off standalones that would run natively
on x86 Android.

Just the fact that only one window at a time can be open would remove the ability to display palettes, tools, plugins, app and project browsers, etc. Also, no floating script editor.

Then imagine trying trying to type scripts on a 5-inch phone keyboard.

That's just a start of the list of things that can't be done currently on mobile.

Richmond.