On 2017-05-15 19:10, Roger Eller via use-livecode wrote:
I have to agree with Richard on this. It seems tis always time to add new and cool features to iOS and Mac, but not enough time to repair what has been broken. Linux isn't as mainstream, but it does have a decent base of committed users. I do believe they too would enjoy functional audio/video
content in their LC apps.  Just sayin'.

Um - where did I say the request was going to be implemented NOW? Nowhere that I can see...

I filed an enhancement request so the suggestion wasn't lost - why did I?

Because I recalled adding an opaque property to the mobileControl "browser" API years ago that did what was requested (on both iOS and Android, IIRC). Given that Mac now uses WebView and not CEF, and thus benefits from the flexibility of NSViews directly, it seemed reasonable that the same approach used then would work on Mac too.

Therefore, it seemed a reasonable thing to record this fact - it gives no indication of when it might get done, if at all (of course, being open-source means that someone who is not us might do it).

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

--
Mark Waddingham ~ m...@livecode.com ~ http://www.livecode.com/