Mark Waddingham wrote:
On 2017-05-15 20:40, Alejandro Tejada via use-livecode wrote:

Looks like Skia Graphics Library dropped support
for some features and LC9 will not show anymore
these types of gradients:
'XY', 'SqrtXY', 'Diamond' and 'Spiral'

These are back in - Michael managed to get them working again.

Good to hear, thanks.

and most of these legacy Blend Modes:
clear, noop, notSrcAnd, notSrcAndReverse,
notSrcCopy, notSrcOr, notSrcOrReverse,
notSrcXor, reverse, set, srcAnd,
srcAndReverse, srcCopy, srcOr,
srcOrReverse, srcXor, blend, addPin
addOver, subPin, transparent
adMin, addMax

We're still on the fency about all of these - I do wonder how
much they are used anymore particularly as they do not fit into
the RGBA rendering model which everyone uses anymore and as such
are incredibly inefficient. (They will never be acceleratable,
for example).

I'd be surprised if people couldn't get similar effects by using
appropriate blend inks - if they are still in use at all.

I use some of those inks - glad to hear they're still working.

But help me understand: if not ink, what LC property was Alejandro referring to?

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Systems