> Mark wrote:
> >> Monte wrote:
> >> I have seen it before in user scripts but never used it myself.
> >> It’s one of those things you discover (like when {} could be used
> >> interchangeably with []) that you quickly realise you should never
> >> rely on so you forget pretty quickly ;-)
> > hh wrote:
> > You are member of the LC-team and you know that several 'official'
> > LC lessons use this "parameter-feature".
>
> Because obviously everybody on the LC team knows every single word of
> script which has ever been written by anyone ;)
>
> > So, what should we conclude from such a writing?
>
> That if something is allowed then, on average, a certain percentage of
> people will use it - for better or for worse.

No reason to get angry. This thread started from an excellent LC Lesson
in the forum ( http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=29403 )
There is only one line to know:

function logarithmicSearch @pArray pItem pLeft pRight

Presumably a lot of people uses scripts from these lessons (that are
pretty good, recommended for beginners). So "forget pretty quickly" seemed
not appropriate to me. And a candidate for your "certain percentage" is
each and every beginner.

> Monte wrote:
> You could reasonably conclude that I haven’t read every bit of content
> published by the company.

Of course, I still conclude that. And you really shouldn't read all that.
I erroneously assumed you read a bit (sic!) more of the thread. Sorry for
this wrong assumption.

> One of the things I did in the first few months of my employment was write
> some tests which ensured that our examples in the docs actually compiled.
> You might be surprised to learn that many didn’t.

No, not at all surprised. I read the docs, started in 2013 with that, so may
be I read and tested some of the versions you meanwhile corrected. This pushed
up my learning curve: You could think about putting in some 'typos' again. ;-)

> Which lessons are you referring to though? I’ll bug report them ...
Searching an array. See the forum link above.

But please don't judge this as 'bug'. It is a wonderful feature!
Beginners can learn from it. Would be better to explain the advantages and
disadvantages for using spaces instead of commas (one could use parts of
this thread).