On July 7, 2017 8:26:53 PM Mark Wieder via use-livecode <use-livecode@lists.runrev.com> wrote:

There's a truism that you can't test your
own software - you're way to close to the way it *should* work to ever
figure out how users are going to try to use it.

Oh man is that ever true. I'm lucky enough in one of my current projects to have a small team of paid QA testers (very rare.) They do things I never ever would have thought of. Some of it is so ridiculous that no one in their right mind would try it. I get irritated until I remind myself that we're paying them to do that. So then I fix it.

The last one was one of those "out of order" sequences I mentioned. It caused me to rewrite a huge section that forced users into the expected data entry sequence. Took 2 days, but we ended up with a more professional app that also eliminated a lot of error checking.