On 2017-07-19 19:04, Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode wrote:
On 7/19/17 7:15 pm, Dr. Hawkins via use-livecode wrote:
I had never heard of backdrop before, and would have had no idea to try to
deal with it in the message box.

That's funny; that backdrop goes back to at least the Free revMedia thing.

The backdrop has been there as a feature for as long as I can remember.

I'm pretty sure it was in MetaCard before it was ported to non UNIX platforms (back then you *could* actually set a background window with an appropriate hint that worked with the X11 Window Managers as they didn't tend to work in concert with 'desktops' which use that hint to make the Desktop window you see on all modern distros - if you use that class of window now, your backdrop window disappears behind the Desktop - which isn't quite what is wanted, generally ;)).

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

--
Mark Waddingham ~ m...@livecode.com ~ http://www.livecode.com/