Swipe detection would be useful for other than the whole card too.    DG2 is
supposed to have that piece.    Think of the way you can delete an email on the
iPhone.    From a detection perspective, it is the same motion.    You would
need the direction and position to take the correct action.    The animation of
the change would be quite different though since those tend to be more
responsive and can be started and backed out of.