On 08/09/2017 11:05 AM, Mark Waddingham via use-livecode wrote:

Fortunately, there is a potential carrot to go with the stick - we can expand the range of the bit operations (and baseConvert) to 52-bits without too much difficulty I think; and add error checking at the same time. Which would potentially make code which is currently broken 'at the edges' (i.e. rarely touched) not ever encounter an error.

As always, I'm awed by the brilliance of your proposed solution.
I can't see any downside to this other than the time it would take to implement and test.

--
 Mark Wieder
 ahsoftw...@gmail.com