for me "Picture" is a bit confusing.

We have "Image" for bitmaps, "Graphic" for vector graphics of a certain type
and now we might have "Picture" for all kinds of elements.

However "Picture" is easily confused with "Image" or "Graphic" for a newcomer.
The forum is full of synonyms that take a graphic for a bitmap and an image for
a vector graphic.

Why not call the new widget something like "Blackboard"? Or something like
that. It conveys the notion that you can put all sort of things onto a
blackboard, regardless of their internal representation. It alludes to the
container for those things not the result of what is displayed.

I like "Canvas" from LCB but unfortunately that is already taken. It would have
been my favorite.

Logically "Image", "Graphic" and "Picture" are all elements of a class of
"visuals", but now "Image" and "Graphic" become elements of the class
"Picture".

It is a bit fuzzy what the difference in logical hierarchy is. A new term could
prevent a possible confusion that "Picture" is a new logical class with said
elements but at the same time a picture could be considered a member of class
"Picture".

Kind regards
Bernd