It concerns the apps developed for mobile platforms; here I refer to Android as
have no experience on iOS, yet.

First, on the screen the edit location cursor is a vertical line barely visible
with high resolution devices.  Is there an option for example a "bold",
blinking or coloured cursor?

Second, is there an editor, which allows me to click anywhere in the text in a
field, and begin editing from there (with that "visible" cursor), inserting and
/ or deleting characters (codepoints)?

Would the answers for iOS be different from Android?

Christer Pyyhtiä
MindCrea Ltd
chris...@mindcrea.com