On 02/14/2018 08:16 AM, Rick Harrison via use-livecode wrote:
Hi Sean,

I have gone back to using the manual method
of activating LC for that very reason.

You may want to do this in the near future.

LC server downtime should never impact
user productivity.

Just my 2 cents for the day.

Cheers,

Rick

On Feb 13, 2018, at 11:02 PM, Sean Cole (Pi) via use-livecode
<use-livecode@lists.runrev.com> wrote:

Hi all,

Just tried activating the latest version of LC but the server is apparently
down. Needed to urgently create an iOS standalone for XCode 9.2 but stopped
in my tracks. The downloads page and the whole livecode.com
<http://livecode.com/> site is not
responding. Sigh. Now need to explain this to my client.

Sean Cole
*Pi Digital Productions Ltd*

Yeah, I got stuck in the middle of something similar.
It's amazing to me that the entire livecode hierarchy (livecode.com, livecode.org, the listserv, the forums, the mail servers, the activation and authorization servers...) was all down for several hours. I'd like to see a reasonable explanation from the mothership about what happened and how they're going to avoid this in the future. And please don't say that everything goes through a single gateway with no failover.

--
 Mark Wieder
 ahsoftw...@gmail.com