> On 23 Feb 2018, at 3:13 pm, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode
> <use-livecode@lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>
> I'll be the first to admit I have a hard time keeping up with the details
> that distinguish the various editions, but from the web site:
>
>   Just like LiveCode Community this is an open source edition of
>   LiveCode and carries with it the same requirement for making your
>   code open and shareable. Where it differs from the Open Source
>   edition is in all of the extra goodies it comes with.
>
> https://livecode.com/products/community-plus-edition/
> <https://livecode.com/products/community-plus-edition/>
>
> ?

Poorly worded perhaps. The intent is the license requires user code to be open
sourced and un-password protectable while the LC edition/engine itself is not.
I must confess I don’t know much about the particulars of the license we have
used, however, I know it permits commercial extensions and even password
protected stacks (presuming the protection was done on indy or business) to be
used.

Cheers

Monte