Hello Charles,

thank you for your reply.

I have the same result if I disable the anti-virus software.

I testet it on another machine (windows 10). I get that error:

tsneterr: (56) Failure when receiving data from the peer

My Mailserver:
smtp.1und1.de
Port is 587
Authentification Method is password, normal
Encryption is STARTTLS

With Thunderbird I can send emails with attachments

Best
Günter