Being an IT guy, and presently working for a Copier company, deploying
copier/printers for our customers, I'd advise that you make sure the basics are
covered. First, make sure the drivers are current. Don't use XPS drivers as
these are problematic. If you want to test the output of a print job, print to
a PDF driver first and view the results. That will give you some indication of
whether or not the driver is the problem or the app itself.

Also, print just the image and see what happens. Sometimes a corrupt font can
cause havoc. It's divide and conquer with these sorts of things. Try a simple
image dowloaded from the inter webs. See how that goes.

Bob S