Tom Glod wrote:

> What are the chances I will get similar performance using a stack and
> httpd to process http requests ..... as i would using lc server ......
> if the performance is similar, i feel more confident building using
> this form ..... i'm not producing HTML code ..... just passing
> encrypted arrays back and forth ..... as well as sending & receiving
> small small files.
>
> that way i don't have to even run apache ..... just nginx and the
> services

Quite good, I'd say:

http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-livecode/2016-March/225068.html
http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-livecode/2016-March/225081.html
http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-livecode/2016-March/225141.html
http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-livecode/2016-March/225147.html

Replacing Apache with NginX will boost performance in many areas, and hooking in any persistent process behind it will always beat a CGI, such as LiveCode Server, which launches, runs, and dies with each request.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Systems