Jacque wrote:
> Android does receive orientationChanged messages. I've been tinkering
> with Swami's test stack, and dynamic positioning (no fullscreenMode)
> works fine with some effort.

Is there a benefit to responding to orientationChanged instead of resizeStack?

As long as both messages are sent it may not matter, but that's the thing I'm unclear on: what does orientationChanged tell us on a mobile device that resizeStack doesn't? When is one sent without the other sent immediately after?

Brian wrote:
> I did figure out that within preOpenCard, the reported stack rect is
> still the dimensions of the saved stack file (at least on iOS).

That makes sense in a way, in that preOpenCard is sent before rendering and on mobile devices the stack is automatically resized, seemingly at the start of the rendering queue.

Still, it seems unintuitive. Is there a reason preOpenCard couldn't be sent after the stack is resized but before the rendering of the content region occurs?

FWIW I find resizeStack works well there too, apparently sent within the order of things where preOpenCard is expected here, after the stack is resized but before the user sees the rendering result.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Systems