> Le 18 août 2018 à 20:32, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode
> <use-livecode@lists.runrev.com> a écrit :
>
> Ludovic THEBAULT wrote:
>
> > How get the « real » rect of the stack ?
>
> Without fullScreenMode it's as simple as:
>
>    get the rect of this stack
>
> FullScreenMode makes handling dynamic layout details complex.
>
> It's well suited for certain types of games or multimedia presentations, such
> as Monument Valley.
>
> In those types of layouts everything is stretched to fit, without needing
> dynamic placement of individual controls.
>
> But consider the apps on your phone.  The ones I use the most are gMmail,
> Firefox, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Skype, SimpleNote, Play
> Music, Nextcloud, Hangouts, Telegram, Maps, Calculator, Ingres, and a few
> others.
>
> Every one of them uses dynamic positioning of the sort we've been doing in
> LiveCode for decades by responding to the resizeStack message.
>
> I don't know what you're working on so I can't have an opinion of whether
> fullScreenMode is a good fit.
>
> But in practice I so rarely see other apps use that sort of scaling that I
> don't think about fullScreenMode much at all.

Hello,

Thanks

My app use a lot of controls, so i think the fullscreenmode is more easy (and
fast) to adapt the app to the screen, except that we cannot get the real rect
of the stack.

But i found i can get the « real » top and bottom with : round((item 4 of the
screenrect*the systemscale)/2)-theight // +theight (for the bottom)
where theight is the height of my stack before fullscreenmode.