On 9/13/18 8:42 AM, Andrew Bell via use-livecode wrote:
- The stack that caches object scripts is not being cleaned up properly between debugging sessions. This would mean that you would see the old script but what would be executing would be the new script. One way to test this might be to move a breakpoint statement from one line to another and see what line is highlighted in the debugger.

This is my vote for what is happening. I have noticed numerous times that stepping through lines I could see things happening in the standalone that were NOT the highlited line of code in the script editor at the time. For instance, a blank line (for readability of code) would execute some other line of code that was now 2 lines down due to a recent change in the script.

I think so too. I've seen updated card layouts appear, but the debug script that was displayed didn't include additions that managed the layout changes.

I think I asked here some time ago about how to purge the stored scripts. I saw some oddly-named stacks in the App Browser that seemed relevant so I deleted those, and the next time I tried a test the whole IDE went down. So that wasn't it. :)