On 10/06/2018 07:38 PM, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami via use-livecode wrote:

I am recently switched to Thunderbird for mail, it is entering the
asterisk in code.  Sorry about that.

Look in TBird Preferences at Account Settings | Composition & Addressing and make sure 'Compose messages in HTML format' is unchecked. I think that should fix it.

Or look at the Composition tab in File | Preferences and select the Send Options... button. Either check 'Send messages as plain text if possible' or add livecode.com to the Plain Text Domains panel.

Otherwise idk... I've been using TBird for years without that problem.

--
 Mark Wieder
 ahsoftw...@gmail.com