Bob,

It is a joke but it is also true :-)

For example, in the Network Tracer stack there is code to avoid showing duplicate messages because here on my home network, all the datagrams are arriving three times. So a single "ntInfo" call on a standalone amounted to three datagrams with the same message arriving on the dashboard. But arriving multiple times is better than not arriving, which also happens.

I am considering in the near future going like my "decentralization talk on LC Global" and use UDP for peer discovery and TCP for sending actual data, it is just that UDP is sooooo convenient and for this simple debugging purpose it is quite adequate. Anyway, we'll see how the feedback goes and change as needed. For my own personal usage it is going great.

Cheers

Hah! I'm sure that was a joke but UDP is User Datagram Protocol.

Bob S

On Oct 23, 2018, at 15:27 , Andre Alves Garzia via use-livecode