Hi Mark,
Sure appreciate your and Dar's help. I think I have enough info now to start putting things together. The Show package contents bit has been learned and is very instructive.
I don't have any problem with creating icons. I have been using ResEdit and actually imported icons to the Dev Tools Icon Maker! I have been looking at your Math Generator too. Great program

I also have found info in Apple's tech notes for plst. Found stuff using Google.

Regards .... Bob