How do I get the word before a specific character in a field? I can be any character in the text field I choose but I can't figure out how to do something like "get the previous word" from a specific character in the field.

The only way I figure I could do it would be to crawl backwards via a repeat loop until I get to a space. This seems inelegant and I can envision several situations which would trip this up (punctuation characters, etc.).

Is there a built in function for this?

Thanks,
Bill Vlahos