Thanks Eric.

I've added the following script to a field:
on mouseDown pButton
  if pButton = 3 then
    put "Cut" & return & "Copy" & return & "Paste" into tMenu
    put tMenu into button "b1"
    popup btn "b1"
  end if
end mouseDown

This didn't do anything until I also added a button (which can be hidden) called "b1". The button has a menuPick handler which correctly responds to the menu item selected.

However the text that had been selected in the field is deselected when the popup menu pops up so the menuPick item doesn't have anything to work with. An example would be to copy the text so I need the originally selected text to work with.

What am I missing?

Bill Vlahos