On May 14, 2009, at 12:49 PM, Jim Bufalini wrote:

So sometimes you need to just make up a word. Although I do not believe I made this word up, but it was just a carryover from some other language, because I honestly don't remember when I first starting using the word. I just knew that at some point command/function was too long and silly to
type. Similar to the use of "s/he" today.

I once had a colleague with the same complaint about "s/he". He joked that it excluded inanimate objects and suggested "s/h/*t". I declined to follow his suggestion.

:-)

Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University