Jim Bufalini wrote:

>> I just tried playing a WAV file on a Win XP system which doesn't have
>> QuickTime.
>>
>> No go.  MP3 played well, but I couldn't get the WAV file to play.
>>
>> Also, I need to be able to start playback from arbitrary times in the
>> audio file, but setting the currentTime property of the player
>> appears to have no affect on playback, which always begins at the
>> beginning.
>>
>> Anyone know a workaround to get WAVs playing and to play at specific
>> points on Win systems without QT?
>
> Should have told you to go to Library -> More Options -> File Types
> tab and make sure Windows audio file (wav) is checked.

That MIGHT work, but the client would prefer an out-of-the-box-with-nothing-else-required-for-the-user-to-do solution.

But even then, unless I get the playback to start at an arbitrary time in the clip it's a no-go.

Have you ever been able to get the Win engine to start at any time other than zero in Rev?

Man, I thought this was fixed ages ago.  Argh......

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World