Scott McDonald wrote:

But you are right, the Rev field is not native enough for your users. For
example, the way of marking unknown words when doing the contextual check
was something I thought about a lot during the design.

anything but dashed red underlining is going to leap out

While Windows users expect a red wriggly line. I couldn't figure out an
efficient way to get those types of visual effects, so in the end just
decided to work within the bounds of what the standard field object can do.

Have you tried a transparent GIF or PNG with the dash near the bottom, applied as the backgroundPattern of the portion of text being indicated?

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World