For your interest, the TUAW blog post some early reactions from developers to
the coming of the Mac App store:
http://www.tuaw.com/2010/10/21/developer-reactions-to-the-mac-app-store/
Much shorter, and authored by a pioneer of iPhone jailbreaking (that is, before
there was an SDK and an App store), TUAW's own Erica Sadun:
http://www.tuaw.com/2010/10/20/why-the-mac-app-store-rocks-for-developers/
The comparison  of numbers is staggering.
Best,
        François