On 11/9/10 11:33 AM, Peter Brigham MD wrote:
It
does seem that setting a cursor to an animated GIF ought to work out of
the box the way setting a button icon to an animated GIF does.... But if
there's a workaround for cursors I'd settle for that for now.

I don't think animated cursors are supported. I believe the new color cursor feature just translates standard image formats to the very specific requirements that cursors have in LiveCode. We used to have to do some of that ourselves, only with more limitations on color depth. Gifs for sure won't work, because they will get translated to the engine's internal format, so they are no longer gifs any more. Or, that's my take on it anyway.