On Nov 9, 2010, at 12:47 PM, Devin Asay wrote:

On Nov 9, 2010, at 10:33 AM, Peter Brigham MD wrote:

On Nov 9, 2010, at 10:47 AM, Devin Asay wrote:

So it seems like you could just set the cursor to the image id of
your choosing, and increment it in a repeat loop, just like 'set
cursor to busy'. Not tested:

put 67890,67891,67892,67893,67894,67895,67896,67897 into tAnimCursor
repeat with i = 1 to 100
put item i wrap (the number of items in tAnimCursor) of tAnimCursor
into tCurrentCursor
set the cursor to tCurrentCursor
wait 10
end repeat

Seems like this ought to work.

Well, OK, but I went ahead and used the http://ajaxload.info/ site to
download a great animated GIF cursor. So what do I do with that to
extract the individual images and list them separately in a loop? It
does seem that setting a cursor to an animated GIF ought to work out
of the box the way setting a button icon to an animated GIF does....
But if there's a workaround for cursors I'd settle for that for now.

If you open an animated GIF in Preview on OS X it should show each frame separately. You could save each frame separately, then import them all into rev, give them consecutive IDs and use a routine similar to the one above (or the one Richard G. posted) and it ought to work.

Thanks, Devin.

-- Peter

Peter M. Brigham
pmb...@gmail.com