I sense you feel threatened by this thread because SDB and libIPC are geared towards a more business like, maybe mission-critical applications?

Thank you, Alex, for the excuse for a little PR.

1. SDB & libIPC are free and open source

2. My concern is that they do the job for my applications, as I make no money from their acceptance by others

3. SDB is offered to others so I have a greater base of developer & client site experience to draw from for a tool that is critical to my applications.

4. SDB is positioned as a simple, generalized, native Transcript data storage & retrieval engine...it's utility begins at the low and can be extended to I-don't-know-what...my largest test database to date is 43 MB (43,043 records).

5. It is available for any Revolution application that needs to store & retrieve data by key, mission critical or not.

SDB is part of the Serendipity Library bundle:

<http://www.oenolog.net/ftp/serendipity_downloader.htm>

Enjoy!

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company