On Jun 19, 2005, at 11:31 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

Erik Hansen wrote:
the heated emotions over scripting conventions,
literally involving a food fight,

Yes, for the record let it be known that none other than the otherwise-mild-mannered Dar Scott threw food at Ken and I during our discussion of "Hungarian-lite" notation, complete with a flailing of arms and shouts of "Keep your purity out of my code!"

Since they were packages of peanut butter M&Ms and were rather good, Dar has been invited to throw food at all presenters at all future Rev conferences.

In truth, I'd rather not use "Hungarian-lite" on parameters and handler-local variables and I think <publisher>_<module>_ prefixes on command and function names can get long. (Though I would use those if a customer asks for them in a coding standard.) However, Ken and Richard were quite persuasive, made some good arguments, and were not pushy at all. I had to applaud and I almost regretted buying all that throwable food at the corner market. Almost.

I did hear references to "anarchist" after that.

Dar Scott