On 26 Nov 2005, at 22:03, Mark Smith wrote:

Dan, this is an innocent question, not intended to provoke or contradict, but where do you think Rev is currently falling down with regard to either pro developers or inventive users?

Hard one to answer as RunRev do do a VERY good job at trying to serve both ends of the market - no better deal fi you cater for both cross platform.

However from my personal perspective I'd note the following:

1) Lack of the large number of professional grade commercial plugins or open source libraries available compared to other platforms (this seems to be changing slowly).

2) Slowly deteriorating *nix support (hopefully to be remedied soon).

3) Lack of open source strategy - not helping with contracts or to fix 2) and 3) above.