On 18 Feb 2006, at 20:07, Jeanne A. E. DeVoto wrote:

At 11:59 AM -0800 2/18/2006, Scott Rossi wrote:
If I set some custom properties of an object via an array:

  set the specialData["cool"] of fld 1 to "hello"
  set the specialData["hot"] of fld 1 to "world"

...how do I retrieve a list of the custom property names (are these called
"indexes"?) of the object?  ("cool", "hot", etc)

There are a couple of ways. One is to use the customKeys to get the current set of custom properties, after first setting the current property set to the one you want:

  set the customPropertySet of field 1 to "specialData"
  put the customKeys of field 1 into myPropertyList

Alternately, grab the whole array of custom properties, then get the array's keys:

  get the customProperties["specialData"] of this stack
  put the keys of it into myPropertyList

The second way is probably cleaner: it doesn't change the current custom property set.

One further way...

  get the customKeys["specialData"] of field 1

Cheers
Dave