On 26 Apr 2006, at 18:12, Richard Gaskin wrote:

David Burgun wrote:
On 25 Apr 2006, at 21:06, Richard Gaskin wrote:
Ton Kuypers  suggested:
> use Constellation?

A good choice. And there's MetaCard, and devolution, and you can roll you're own....
The problem is for Newbies. If you are learning a new environment you really don't want to add to the learning curve by using 3rd party tools and writing a Script Editor is way too complex a job for a newbie. Besides all that, the reason you use an IDE is to take the sweat out of software development, if you can't trust the tools that come with it, well..............................

I hear ya', but I have no influence with RunRev. I can only contribute what I can:

I can help maintain a script editor that's pretty much bug-free, I can break it out into its own package to make it accessible to users of other IDEs, I can enhance it (along with some nifty goodies coming from Ken Ray) to make it more useful, and I can even give it away -- but I can't put it in the box.

I'm happy to contribute what I can, but my position is not without limitations.

Yes, I understand your position. Your products are really good and I know that you personally have contributed loads to this technology, and, I for one really appreciate it.

Keep up the good work!
All the Best
Dave