Since the days of Hypercard, I have known that using ID's to reference objects was sketchy at best. As a matter of good programming practice, you should keep track of all your variables and object names so there is no inadvertent duplication to bite you in the butt later. If nothing else, use variable and object names that specifically describe the actual object. That was, as we learned at Revconwest 2006, "The code practically comments itself".

Naming objects are definitely the way to go. (IMHO)

Bob Sneidar
IT Manager
Logos Management
Calvary Chapel CM