Stephen,

The flicker we used to see was related, i believe, to a mouseWithin message gone bad.

Best,

Jerry Daniels

Makers of Galaxy 1.5
http://www.daniels-mara.com/new_in_galaxy_1_5.htm

On Mar 18, 2007, at 1:13 PM, Stephen Barncard wrote:

Jerry, would this explain the 'flickering' that I've seen in your tooltips field in earlier versions of Galaxy? This would only happen when Galaxy was kept running for hours and days... Restarting Rev always fixed it.

The "cursory" inspection that Galaxy 1.5 has done to detect what object you're "over" came from Galaxy's "pinging" or sending out periodic messages constantly. Why not just use mouseMove? We pinged so that Galaxy could also detect when you were above the title bar of a stack and then report the stack name and path in the status fields of Galaxy Bar. The mouseMove tracking would not report when the pointer was in the title bar of a stack.