Hi David,

I use the switch statement a lot - but only for basic "case" tests and
have not been able to get:

   "If the caseValue is equal to the switchExpression, or the
caseCondition evaluates to true"

Don't forget that switch logic falls through from case to case if there is no "break" statement; so

   [put whatEver into switchExpression]
   switch
        case caseValue = switchExpression
        case caseCondition = true
                [case logic]
                break
        default
                [optional default logic]
    end switch

working. Here is an example that I just changed from "if then else" -
whats wrong with it:

You are combining two forms of the switch statement. By designating mainChoice as the switch, the value of each case is compared to nainChoice. Try:

   switch mainChoice
        case "Go to script object"
            break
        case empty
        case "This menu script"
            put the long id of me into scriptObject
            break
        case "Library 1"
        case "Library 2"
        case "Library n"
            put the name of stack secondChoice into scriptObject
            break
        case "Unsorted"
            edit the script of stack "libOPN_Unsorted"
            break
        default
            breakpoint
    end switch

This assumes a finite number of libraries with known names.

Rob Cozens CCW
Serendipity Software Company