Hi Mark,

Hi Klaus,

You are right, but only with regard to languages that can be expressed in single-byte characters. If you are working with double- byte languages, you can't simple unidecode into single-byte characters. Apparently, Rev 1.0 couldn't handle Chinese and Arabic (but I never tried that with version 1.0).

Ah, I see, thanks for the explanation.

Was more like "wishful reading" on my side ;-)

I am not sure that the addition of the capability to handle double- byte characters automatically implies that unidecode no longer cuts off the second byte of each pair regardless of platform. I did have a Mac file recently, which I had to convert to little endian before unidecoding it on Windows.

Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

http://economy-x-talk.com
http;//www.salery.com