Hi Bernd,

Hi Klaus,

If I put the snapshot script into a second independent stack then the movie
continues without going to the first frame afterwards even if I use a
filename dialog (ask file).
The script of the second stack, just a button:

on mouseUp
  put the rect of player "p1" of stack "Tracker" into theRect
  put the title of stack "Tracker" & "test" into dateiVorschlag
  put specialfolderpath ("desktop")into OrdnerFuerImage
put OrdnerFuerImage & "/" & dateiVorschlag & " JPEG.jpg" into thePath

ask file "Dateinamen für Graphik-Export aussuchen aussuchen" with thePath

doppelt gemoppelt... ;-)

  if it is empty then exit mouseUp
  put it into thePath

  put the rect of player "p1" of stack "Tracker" into theRect
  put the WindowId of stack "Tracker" into dieWindowID
  push card
  go stack "Tracker"
  set the filetype to ""
export snapshot from rect theRect of window dieWindowID to file thePath as
JPEG
  pop card
end mouseUp

may be you try this and see what happens

hth

regards

Bernd

Thanks, I already have a workaround in using Trevor's WONDERFUL Enhanced QT External
to extract a frame from a video directly.

Strange enough, I have another stack, where this (export snapshot...) works without problems
with movie frames?

Best and liebe Grüße :-)

Klaus Major
[EMAIL PROTECTED]