Perhaps I'm being naive, but couldn't you use the splash screen technique for the remote 'clients'? The executable on each station could launch the main stack on the network after getting the MAC address....

Then that's a problem too. My app creates a serial key that is registered to a specific machine. It won't run unless the MAC address the app is on matches the one that was stored on installation. This has worked fine for a couple of years, but now we have a situation where people on a network want to lanuch the app from the server. When that happens, the app (as it is now, using ipconfig) gets the
Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

--

stephen barncard
s a n  f r a n c i s c o