Hey C* folks,

I'm excited to share that the DataStax team has just released Mission
Control <https://datastax.com/products/mission-control>, a new operations
platform for running Apache Cassandra and DataStax Enterprise. Built around
the open source core of K8ssandra <https://k8ssandra.io/> we've been hard
at work expanding multi-region capabilities. If you haven't seen some of
the new features coming in here are some highlights:

   -

   Management API support in Reaper - no more JMX credentials, YAY
   -

   Additional support for TLS across the stack- including operator to node,
   Reaper to management API, etc
   -

   Updated metrics pipeline - removal of collectd from nodes, Vector for
   monitoring log files (goodbye tail -f)
   -

   Deterministic node selection for cluster operations
   -

   Top-level management tasks in the control plane (no more forced
   connections to data planes to trigger a restart)

On top of this Mission Control offers:

   -

   A single web-interface to monitor and manage your clusters wherever
   they're deployed
   -

   Automatic management of internode and operator to node certificates -
   this includes integration with third party CAs and rotation of all
   certificates, keys, and various Java stores
   -

   Centralized metrics and logs aggregation, querying and storage with the
   capability to split the pipeline allowing for exporting of streams to other
   observability tools within your environment
   -

   Per-node configuration (this is an edge case, but still something we
   wanted to make possible)

While building our Mission Control, K8ssandra has seen a number of releases
with quite a few contributions from the community. From Helm chart updates
to operator tweaks we want to send out a huge THANK YOU to everyone who has
filed issues, opened pull requests, and helped us test bugfixes and new
functionality.

If you've been sleeping on K8ssandra, now is a good time to check it out
<https://k8ssandra.io/get-started/>. It has all of the pieces needed to run
Cassandra in production. Looking for something out of the box instead of
putting the pieces together yourself, take Mission Control for a spin and sign
up for the trial <https://datastax.com/products/mission-control/download>.
I'm happy to answer any K8ssandra or Mission Control questions you may have
here or on our Discord <https://discord.gg/qP5tAt6Uwt>.

Cheers,

~Chris

Christopher Bradford