Here is my config file for Spring. It uses transaction with annotation.
@Transactional can be put before method or class declaration to make the
method/class transactional. (see Spring documentation for more details).

    <!-- Transaction handling -->
    <tx:annotation-driven transaction-manager="txManager"/>
    <bean id="txManager"
class="org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.DataSourceTransactionManager"

        <property name="dataSource" ref="dataSource"/>
    </bean>

    <!-- Initialize iBATIS -->
    <bean id="dataSource"
class="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource" destroy-method="close">
        <property name="driverClassName" value="${driver}"/>
        <property name="url" value="${url}"/>
        <property name="username" value="${username}"/>
        <property name="password" value="${password}"/>
    </bean>
    <bean id="sqlMapClient"
class="org.springframework.orm.ibatis.SqlMapClientFactoryBean">
        <property name="configLocation"
value="classpath:ca/qc/ircm/proteus/persistence/dao/sqlmap/sql/sql-map-c
onfig.xml"/>
        <property name="dataSource" ref="dataSource"/>
    </bean>

    <!-- Initialize DAOs -->
    <bean id="aliasGroupDao"
class="ca.qc.ircm.proteus.persistence.dao.sqlmap.AliasGroupSqlMapDao">
        <property name="sqlMapClient" ref="sqlMapClient"/>
    </bean>

I have to say that it would be really nice to have an "how to" for
passing from iBATIS DAO to Spring DAO...
I made a french document about that question. I could transalte it to
english in the next weeks and put it on the wiki...

Christian