Hi Keith,

for me the use cases are:

 * easy and portable development
 * in general testing
 * embedding Accumulo

Especially the last point is for me very insteresting.
First I can deliver a relativly light weight application, which has Accumulo
embedded (like a library).
And then, if the application runs very well and gets many users, it's very easy
to scale to a full Accumulo installation!

Regards,
Sven

--
Sven Hodapp M.Sc.,
Fraunhofer Institute for Algorithms and Scientific Computing SCAI,