I'm currently scoping what it would take to improve the latency in the
replication feature of Accumulo.  I'm interested in knowing what work, if
any, is being done to improve replication latency?  If work is being done,
would there be some interest in collaborating on that effort?

If nothing is currently being planned, I'd be interested in design ideas
and pointers from the community for improvements to the existing
implementation.  We're looking to get replication down to less than five
minutes and are willing to put in the effort to implement the improvements.

Thank you for your time!

Cheers,
--Adam