Hi Ray,

I'm not aware of any gradle build in any of the Aries components, so Maven
would definitely be more uniform.
Also, by using maven you can easily, almost without effort, hook into some
plugins are set up in the aries/apache parent poms to do additional
checking, such as the license checking done by the RAT plugin.

So personally I think it would nice if the JAX-RS component could use Maven
to build, but I don't think it's a definite requirement.

Cheers,

David