Hi Bookkeeper Team,

We're currently running into an issue where on bookie restart it is not able to
find certain entries in ledgers and hence reads for these entries keep failing.
In most cases, the bookie is able to recover from these errors after a period
and things work as usual.
However, in a case where all  bookies are deleted simultaneously, the recovery
never happens and we're stuck in a state were we see data loss.

I needed to understand what is the guidance to ensure graceful termination of a
bookie?
What is the right way to handle bookie restarts?
Is there an option to move a bookie to a "readonly" mode prior to shutdown so
we can sort of switch off writes?

Is auto recovery supposed to correct the missing data in a bookie post restart?
In this case the solve could be to run manual recovery every time a bookie
restarts..

-Thanks,
Prajakta